Registration for RTC Ottawa, 2018 is HERE
*Meal Tickets are sold out. We still have non meal tickets available.
Having problems with Paypal? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a direct invoice that can be paid via credit card.
When: August 2nd, 3rd and 4th , 2018 (Registrations starts at 1pm on the 2nd)
Who’s Attending: Fantastic authors including several New York Times, USA Today and Amazon BestSellers
What to Expect: Swag, Prizes, Fun Events, Interesting Panels, A Book Signing, along with plenty of smiles and laughter!
Reader Registration includes:
- Registration bag stuffed with goodies
- Access to all panels and events Thu-Sat, room size permitting
- Friday Night Masquerade Ball
- Thursday Evening fun and games
- Thursday Afternoon Writing and Publishing Panels
- Book Signing Saturday Afternoon
- Coffee and Pastries Friday & Saturday morning (room size permitting)
- Crafts and Games
- Panels about your favorite genres
- Friday Dinner and Saturday Lunch depend on registration type.
- And more….
Come and join us for all the fun planned at #RTC2018.
Please keep in mind, that those attending the event are responsible for their own: transportation, meals, accommodations, and other amenities they might require. You do NOT have to stay at the hotel for the event. So long as you are registered, you can participate in all events. Sponsored Meals are subject to registration type.
NOTE: While authors are more than welcome to register to attend as a reader, they are NOT allowed to sell books or forcibly promote themselves. If you did not make the author list but wish to donate something then RTC will gladly accept gift basket donations. Thank you in advance for respecting the sponsoring authors who have spent a lot of their hard earned royalties and time on making the event memorable for readers.
*Subject to change – more events still to come
- Kristine Cayne presents Social Media for Authors
- Nathan Burgoine with tips on Queer Inclusive Writing – A Queer AMA, tips and tricks (and pitfalls to avoid) for queer inclusive writing
- Alphaholes, Writing the Anti-hero We All Love by: Eve Vaughn, AM Griffin and Amy Ruttan. A workshop on identifying the uber Alphas who break all the rules, why we love them and how to create one. (With a follow up hour for questions in Kanata C, the lounge.)
- Jennifer Carole Lewis offers Beyond the Furrowed Brow
- Barbara Devlin, Sara Hubbard, Kristine Cayne, Lucy Farago & Amy Ruttan talk about Writing despite and thru adversity
- Go Canada! Stories set at home with Viola Grace, Freya Barker, Sarah Castille, Angela Stone
- Tara Cremin presents All About Kobo
- C.M. Seabrook, Eve Langlais, Shannon Mayer, Cathryn Fox, Milly Taiden Let’s talk about Audio
- Milly Taiden, Desiree Holt, Marianne Morea, Susan Hayes, Lauren Hawkeye Kindle Worlds and Shared Series/Branding
- Dan Woods presents Draft 2 Digital Distribution
- People Aren’t a Sub-Genre, moderated by Nathan Burgoine. Identity isn’t well served by creating a new sub-genre, as characters from different racialized backgrounds or genders or sexualities can—and should—belong in every genre and sub-genre. Join us for a discussion on the struggle of balancing visibility and flexibility, the double-edged sword of awards categories, and how what can seem helpful is actually harmful.
- Soldiers, Cowboys and Dukes, Oh My – Sandy Sullivan, Cathryn Fox, Desiree Holt, Barbara Devlin.
- My hero is a shapeshifter – Elianne Adams, Marianne Morea, Coreene Callahan, Milly Taiden –
- A little suspense with that romance – Olivia Rigal, Amy Ruttan, Becca Jameson, Sarah Castille –
- When one hero isn’t enough – Elle Boon, Emma Dawn, Susan Hayes, Eve Vaughn –
- Cyborgs: Part machine, all man – Susan Hayes Viola Grace, Eve Langlais, Mina Carter –
- Love Amongst the Stars – Milly Taiden, Evangeline Anderson, Michelle Howard, Mina Carter-
- Going to hell – and loving it – Gracen Miller, Eve Langlais, Viola Grace, Nathan Burgoine –
- Complex Urban Fantasy – Shannon Mayer, Jennifer Carole Lewis, A.M. Griffin, Eve Langlais –
EVENTS Thursday, Friday and Saturday:
- Blurbs Against Humanity with Nathan Burgoine. It’s back, and blurbier than ever. Come pair one RTC author’s chocolate in another RTC author’s peanut butter, and make the next great bestseller. Or punchline.
- Getting FOXY with Cathryn Fox, Lauren Hawkeye, A.M. Griffin and Sara Hubbard. Glamour night – start your weekend of fun with a profession (not so professional) manicure! Lots of sexy prizes to be won.
- Got Wood with Cathryn Fox and Lauren Hawkeye. Join the writers of WOOD for some sexy time. Dirty games and Diry prizes. (Not for the faint of heart!)
- Can You Fake It? with Lucy Farago and Anne Lange. Have you ever sat in a New York deli and thought you could’ve shown Sally a thing or two? Did you ever dream of doing it…for an audience. Join Lucy Farago and Anne Lange for a wild twist on charades.
- Dirty Dice Beachy Gift Grab with Shannyn Leah. Roll it. Grab it. Unwrap it. Steal it. Naughty or nice, there’s a gift for you…if you’re lucky enough to roll spicy doubles. Join Shannyn Leah for some indoor fun in the sun.
- Big ‘O’ Bingo Friday morning with Anne Lange and Lucy Farago. Food and sex, the mornings of Romance readers. Join Anne Lange and Lucy Farago and let’s see if we can discover a new way to make you scream and shout.
- Who Am I? Authors and Heroes Edition with Susan Hayes. How well do you know your authors and their creations? Come play “Who Am I” with us and find out. Prizes, giggles, and good times for all.
- Barbie Fashion Face-off: Haute Couture Edition hosted by A. M. Griffin. Have you ever found yourself browsing through the available fashion and accessories for your Barbie and thought, “My Barbie wouldn’t be caught dead in this denim outfit/swim suit/party dress/athletic wear/everyday wear/lab coat? Well, if so, this event is for you. This is your chance to get your Barbie, Milan Fashion Week runway ready! Dolls, fabric, sparkles, glue and hot guns provided. Prizes award for best dressed.
- Alpha Plinko with Elianne Adams . If you’ve seen The Price is Right, then you know all about Plinko! Every participant will get a free chip but brush up on your knowledge of Élianne’s sexy Alphas for extra chances to win. There will be prizes to be won, and fun to be had. Can’t wait to see you there!
- Totally Tubular Eighties Trivia! hosted by Eve Vaughn. Take a trip back to the 80’s to test your knowledge of 80’s pop culture subjects from music, movies and television for your chance to win radical prizes! Guaranteed to be totally righteous…to the max!!
- Basics of Burlesque with Jennifer Carole Lewis. Come and celebrate your inner goddess with an introductory venture into the vaudeville-inspired combination of teasing, dance and laughs. No requirements except a sense of humour and adventure. All levels of mobility, fitness, and boldness welcome.
DIRTY DICTION! hosted by Marianne Morea. It’s Cards Against Humanity meets Cranium! Dirty Diction an adult party game based off of our f#$!ed up English language that combines luck, laughter, skill, yelling, art, intellect, and a complete lack of decency…
- Noon Hour Knitting Circle with Queen Bee Lauren Hawkeye & Princess Elle Rush. Bring your yarn, embroidery or anything with a needle for a calming hour of gab and needlework.
- Sexy Cover Bingo with Eve Langlais. Giggles, hot covers and prizes for screaming Bingo.
- Stalk an Author created by Eve Langlais and featuring Milly Taiden, Susan Hayes, Coreene Callahan and new victim, Laurann Dohner. Let’s see how well you know your authors. Answer correctly and you might win some prizes.
- Hot Coffee Hot Reads with Desiree Holt & Friends. How sexy can you make the words sound? The only thing hotter than the coffee is the excerpts by the authors. We’re giving prizes for the sexiest reads!
- Dirty Minds: Ever wonder what goes in dry and hard, but comes out wet and soft? If you’re thinking something dirty, you’re wrong! Join Amy Ruttan, Desiree Holt, Eve Vaughan, A.M. Griffin & Elle Rush for an innocently fun dirty word play game! There will be prizes, laughs and a lot of innuendos.
- Seriously SidekicksShannon Mayer. Sidekicks can make or break a book. Who has the best sidekicks in the business and why? Ron and Hermione from Hary Potter? Samwise from Lord of the Rings? Jacob Black From Twilight? Oberon from Iron Druid? Peta From the Elemental Series? Alex from Rylee Adamson? Get ready to battle your fellow readers for some of your very own stuffed sidekicks.
- Morning Sugar Rush with Elle Rush and Elizabeth Lister Coffee, tea, pastries, and me, Elle Rush, with everything you need to get energized for another exciting day of RTC. Come out for breakfast this morning, and enjoy a little Christmas in August at the same time to see what Santa left for you.
Please visit our major sponsors.
Even more RTC sponsors!